Risk & Compliance
In the ever-changing regulatory climate, law firms and ABS’s need to be aware of new and changing laws, requirements and organisational risk. The aim must be to create a culture of proactive compliance and risk management – but this is no simple task.
For the last 17 years I have trained and worked in law, but my services for clients now are about practical realities, rather than legal nuances. As a former assistant to the Head of Risk Management and Compliance at a well-regarded City firm, I have worked with a range of clients to bring strategic direction and commercial focus to achieve clients’ goals.
Some examples of our work:
- Advising a global firm on its new business intake systems and approach
- Advising a Top 30 UK firm on its approach to SRA compliance
- Auditing a Top 30 UK firm on their file management and general SRA compliance
- Assisting with the launches of offices for US firms in the UK and in other jurisdictions
Our range of services include:
- Designing strategic risk, regulation and compliance frameworks
- Advising and supporting COLPs on their day to day duties
- Drafting policies, procedures and processes
- Implementing the aforementioned
- Implementing new business intake systems
- Undertaking client due diligence
- Conflict checking and advising on conflicts of interest, establishing Chinese walls etc.
- Gap analysis or ‘health checks’ to identify gaps in compliance
- Development and implementation of a compliance risk register
- Advising and preparing self-reporting breaches to the SRA
- Providing training and updates on areas of relevance e.g. anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and corruption
- Undertaking compliance audits and reviews on internal client / matter files and providing constructive feedback on findings